(by The RMS Book Club) In the spirit of kaizen for the new century, we are implementing an innovative approach for the book selection and reading in 2020. Instead of using our traditional paradigm of seasonal themes – Jnana, Mysticism, Karma, Bhakti – we want to experiment with a rotation through 3 different categories of writings, in sequence. Emphasis is on Rama’s personal writing and personally selected books including those not available while he was living.
The books included below are books requested for the 2020 reading year. The sequence would start in January with a book by Rama, a contemporary book in February, a classical text in March, and then start the cycle again; Rama’s book, contemporary spiritual or business book, classical spiritual book, repeating until year’s end.
Book Categories for 2020, which will be rotated during the year:
1) Rama’s Writings
2) Business and Modern Spiritual Books
- February: How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie
- May: On the Road, Jack Kerouac
- August: The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, Robin Sharma
- November: How to Get out of Debt, Stay out of Debt and Live Prosperously, Jerrold Mundis
3) Classical spiritual texts from the major traditions of India, China, Japan, Tibet, etc.
- March: Hidden Teachings of Tibet, Tulku Thondup Rinpoche
- June: Ramayana, William Buck editor
- September: Tantric Mysticism of Tibet, John Blofeld
- December: Masters of Mahamudra: Songs and Histories of the Eighty-Four Buddhist Siddhas, Keith Dowman
We hope you will join some or all of these calls, scheduled for the last Saturday of each month at 2 Pacific/5 Eastern. E-Mail us for dial-in information at email@example.com